Tuesday, June 17, 2008

First Fathers Day












Sunday was my first Fathers Day since we came back from China and it was amazing. R and Jennifer surprised me in bed with two cards and a box of Polo shirts. Jennifer was so excited - she did her normal routine of trying to scare me (she says "boo!" and I pretend I'm scared) and then helped me open the cards and the present. It was such a happy moment. After I got up, I took Jennifer outside and we had a great time hanging out at the duck pond, going up to the pool and watching the lifeguard remove leaves (believe it or not, an exciting activity for Jennifer) and meeting/talking to every neighbor we walked by. At one point, Jennifer said "happy". I told her I was happy too. It was one of those special moments that you know is good right when it's happening rather than having to look back on it and only realize it was special in retrospect. Here are some photos from our Fathers Day with the family.
J.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe & Rachel,

Your wee one is so adorable
just want to pinch those little chubby cheeks. It's like we became grandparents to 3 little ones. We just love them all so much. HI!!!!! Jennifer, big hugs and kisses. Looks like you had a wonderful first Father's day, as did Jim and of course there was also Mother's day. Quite exciting for all I am sure.
"Blessed Be"

Kathleene & Joe

Hi Etu & Gene!!!! How are you enjoying that little one? Quoite a bit I think,you are both in most of the picturess with Jennifer. I pray every night that my mother and mother-in-law are seeing these wonderful little souls.

Anonymous said...

Joseph, happy, happy first Father's Day to you. Your red cheeks show us how excited you were. Each occasion is so special for all of you. Even Jennifer knows it is "happy".
Camp looks like a winner for Jennifer. Her outfits are always adorable and of course she is the cutest to us. It is hard to believe that it is getting close to a year ago that you went to China to bring back this bundle of joy. Time really flies by. Can you ever believe that she was not a part of your lives?We certainly can't. Hugs n' kisses to the three of you
Marion and Allen