Sunday, July 1, 2007

Posting Comments to Blog Entries

We have received a few questions lately about: 1) whether people can post comments to our blog entries and 2) how one goes about doing that if they have any interest in doing so. In answer to question #1, the answer is YES - absolutely. Posting a comment is fun for us and for others reading the blog. It tells us who is on the receiving end of this crazy form of communication and helps remind us that our friends and family are supporting us through this process.

As for question #2, the answer is: it's simple. You don't have to have a Google user name or password or anything. You just click the "comments" link at the end of the posting you want to comment on. Enter your comment in the space provided. If you don't have a Google user name, simply click the "anonymous" box. This lets you post your comment without having signing in. If you want us to know who the comment is from, just put your name at the end of your posting in the Comments section. It's as simple as that. Let us know if it's more complicated than that or if the system is giving you trouble. If so, I'll consult my tech expert friends at AOL or will ask Jim Heverin if he can explain it. So please, post those comments!
J.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well look at ALL the blog entries you guys put up! And I love the techno smack-down entry. Between all of our electronics, we should be able to pilot the space shuttle.

*looks around* *kicks tires* Yup, looks like the comments work fine. Everything looks good here. Ok, people, move along, nothing to see here.

Anonymous said...

AH! Jim H here. I think there is a comment issue here. I am logged in as "Rorschach" because of my blogger account, of course, and just below the comments entry box, theere is a statement that says: "This blog does not allow anonymous comments.".

You may have to go into your blog setup and change your preferences if you want anonymous comments (we did, I have received all of, like, three over three years. One legit, two spams).

Anonymous said...

Jim - thanks for the catch on the "no anonymous comment" setting. I just went in and changed it to allow anonymous comments, so it should work now. See - I TOLD you I know just enough to be dangerous. :) Joseph

Unknown said...

'Sup Dude? This is awesome. I'm into the palm-sized video gadget. Sweet! Sounds like your dad should open a museum ;). I probably have a few things I can donate.

All kidding aside: Congratulations to the both of you. Jennifer Rose is a very lucky little girl to get you two as parents. Have a great trip, we'll be following your progress.

Tim & Chris

Anonymous said...

I am so excited that I can hardly stand it. I kept waiting to receive an e-mail and then I said to myself, "Duh, why don't you check the blog?!" Wow, was I ever rewarded. I just spent 30 minutes reading the whole thing. Hearing about your time in Beijing was fun, because it was all the places we went, but the food sounded a lot better than Elder Hostel! However, of course, that was just an introduction to the main act -- J RO (I love it). I just have goose bumps looking at the pictures of both of you holding your precious daughter (she's beautiful!) and seeing Esther and Gene as the proud grandparents. I even looked at the video (how cool is this?!!) It truly is a dream come true for all of you and your family and friends. Now, I just can't wait to get my hands on J RO as well.

Thanks for sharing so much with us at home.

Love,

Marjorie